Friday, January 27, 2012

Please don't pee your pants!


Man oh man! What a week it has been. The weather is absolutely incredible in Mesa right now and we have been taking advantage of it with hikes and playing at the park. Sometimes we hit up the local parks twice a day! (the girls are lucky)
Unfortunately, we will not be frequenting the park for a while because of three-ish incidents that happened that did not make for a happy nanny!
Before I tell you what went down, know that every single time we leave the house a big deal is made about the potty and everyone HAS to go before we leave. The potty is a common topic of conversation for two 5 years old girls.

Tuesday - at an awesome park, the blondie pees her cute little dark skinny jeans. She didn't tell me and I didn't notice...until I gave her a piggy back ride and got pee all over my sweater...
So, we had another big conversation about the potty and why we HAVE to use it before we go anywhere, and how the nanny doesn't know what their bodies are telling them...and that they HAVE to tell me if they gotta go!

Wednesday - at an even cooler park that is near some property with horses and goats! I see a mysterious brown spot on the darkie's tights (who is 8 months older) when she did the monkey bars but decided it could have been anything and I didn't want her to get mad at me for her accusing her - oh and we had just had the big potty conversation yesterday, and everyone peed before we left the house. The car ride home is definitely stinky and I confront her at home. I asked her if she needed to go change, "no", I repeated the question, "no!" do you need to go to the bathroom? "NO! Why?!" (I didn't want to embarrass her but apparently she would have been totally fine going the rest of the day with poo in her pants...)
Then I told her why "because I think that you pooped your pants!" She gave me the meanest look, probably because it was in front of her cousins. I made her go clean up, change and throw the yucky stuff away. Then came another HUGE talk about how gross it is to go potty in your pants and how they HAVE to tell me, other wise I can't help them...
Fast forward to bath time that night - I ask her twice before she gets in if she has to go to the bathroom and she claims she is good, and I believe her. After a while, she tells me she is done and I see some little brown pieces floating around in the tub. In my mind I couldn't believe it was poo, it had to be something else - no way she'd do it twice in one day. I asked her what it was, she didn't know. I still believed her. I told her to pick it up so I could see...I
asked her what it felt like and she said it was really hard...I'm still believing her and just thinking it was a stick or bark or something that was in her hair from playing outside. I put my hand out...and yep she smears the brown stuff across my palm! It was not a stick...it was poo...in my hand!
She suffered the consequences and I bet she wishes to never ever poop or pee in her pants ever again.
I still don't really know what I did wrong but I guess the moral of the story is...please don't pee your pants! For some reason I have had this effect on people lately, even if they are old enough to know way better.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! If my kids poop in the tub i'm sending them back and asking for new ones. Maybe keep a soup strainer by the tub? (BARF!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, I just read this and it made me cry with laughter. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete