Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Car

So, a few weeks ago the AC in my car completey stopped working and when I would try and use it the engine would start revving and kinda leaping. Anyway, really bad timing on my cars part. It was oh, probably about 108 degrees and I'm not even kidding. I drove all the way home from Phoenix without AC, this girl was not a happy camper. The next day I drove it out to the mechanic we go to in hopes that it wouldn't be anything too major. Later that afternoon he called me and said that it would cost about $3500. Still not kidding. I almost started crying-such a whimp I know! I told him he had to think I was crazy to pay that much! (Not really, but I wish I had) I told him I would just pick it up in the morning. Upon hearing that crazy estimate my father-in-law started calling around to places that fix lexus' (lexi?) and found a place that does lexus work half price....in Apache Junction - not the classiest of places. So the next afternoon I went with my mother-in-law and picked up my car at the first mechanic and drove again almost a half hour without AC to AJ. Side note-at one point we got stopped at a train, me just sitting in my 120 degree car with no wind or anything, just waiting. It was awesome - not. We got there, the guy checked it out and let us know that he could fix it at a much better price. We waited a few days to get a part to come in and now it is fixed and blowing ice cold air!!! Another side note, while my car was getting fixed I got to drive my dad-in-laws big truck and it was so much fun!!! It made me feel little and I was above all the other cars! Well, since my car sat out in the sun for a week without being driven...a green crayon that was in my cup holder totally melted. I opened it and found the little paper still perfectly round, but no wax inside, it was all over everthing else!




No comments:

Post a Comment