Monday, August 16, 2010

Blah Duty

Jury duty was SO boring!!! For some reason I thought I would get there and they would already tell me that they didn't need me, so I didn't bring anything to do while I was there. Yeah, two and a half hours of people watching, playing brick breaker on my phone and facebooking until they called my name to see if I would be picked to be on a jury. We were then questioned as a group if any of us had ourselves, known anyone, or been involved in any crime, alcohol problems - DUI etc. If anyone answered yes, they had to stand up and tell their story! And man! Some people just seemed so dumb, but they were the ones that got to leave first and not be on the jury. The case was for an aggravated DUI. One man stands up and is like, "My son was in a car accident". Pause. Judge, "I don't see how that is relevant. pause. no response. okay, when did it happen?" Man, "40 years ago" Judge,"okay...and will this effect you in being an impartial juror?" Man, "Yes".
Oh my gosh I thought you gotta be kidding me! So stuff like that went on for an hour and a half until we stopped for a 1 and 1/2 hour lunch!!!! That was super unnecessary and a definite waste of time I thought, I basically ate a sandwich and wandered around downtown Phoenix. After lunch there was more questioning and I made friends with this girl I was sitting next to. When the questioning was done we had to go outside and they would pick the jurors and then let us know. We go back in and they start calling out the juror numbers in numerical order to go sit in the juror box. My number was 32 and my friend was 31. 31 was the last number called! I felt bad for her but happy because I didn't have to stay or come back at all! Woohooo! I now won't have to perform jury duty for like 2 years!! P.S. I got a check for like 9 dollars to pay for the gas I used to get there! Ha
Anyway, it was dumb and sorry if this bore you to death!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment