Thursday, July 1, 2010

Highly Recommended

Salad. I don't like lettuce so for me its gotta be a really really yummy salad or its got to have spinach. I was looking for good salad recipes the other day and found a WINNER! So here it is:
Courtesy of Rachael Ray
Buffalo Chicken Salad
2 hearts of romaine lettuce (I used half lettuce half spinach)
1 cup of shredded carrots
2 ribs of celery with greens chopped
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (I think the low fat ones don't taste very good, so go for the gold!)
1 package chicken tenders cut into bite size (about 1 lb. or less)
1 TBS vegetable oil (enough to cover your pan to cook the chicken)
2 TBS butter
Salt & Pepper for more seasoning
1/4 cup hot sauce (I like more!)
Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat and add oil and butter and chicken.
Sear chicken for 2-3 minutes (I do this until all the pieces are white)
Then add the hot sauce, reduce heat and cook about 7 more minutes.
For the hot sauce I use a sorta home made sauce that my grandpa uses to make hot wings.
It makes about a full cup, and I use maybe 1/2 of it on the chicken.
Hot Sauce:
Melt 1 cube of butter in a cup
Add 1 TBS of vinegar
Add 1 TBS Lawry's seasoning salt
Add 1/2 TBS Tabasco
And then taste it and add more of what you want to your taste
So after the chicken is done cooking I put it on a paper towel over a plate so it can soak up some of the oil. Then combine all the vegetables, dressing and chicken and ENJOY!
I've made this like 3 times in the past couple of weeks. George can't get enough of it!
I'm no calorie counter or anything but I think this salad isn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment